I was a little bummed that the football action didn't show up on the big screen TV when I used a flash in our theater room. We enjoyed the afternoon watching the game, playing a dice game, and chasing kids. We had great eats -- a tasty barbecued pulled-pork sandwich, some really good guacamole, and tons of crackers, chips, dips, gourmet popcorn, cookies and candy. Our beverage menu featured DP, and Rootbeer floats, and bottled water, but no beer. This is a shot of the food table when the party was over. As you can see, we had way more than we needed. The cousins had a great time playing together. We caught this picture of them playing ring-around-the-rosies. They all love Grandma's dress-up closet! Stanley was the only one who wasn't interested in getting dolled up in dragon, lion, or princess attire. We love our comfy sectional for watching the game. Julie and Jeff aren't big football fans, but they seemed to enjoy hanging out, and being with the family and putting their feet up.
Leah is our toothless princess. You can tell that she's is in first grade. Missing teeth is the hall-mark of a six year old. Here's a princess with shiny golden hair! Janie loves to dress up! Gracie was the most beautiful bride!
Stan is at the peak of his terrible twos, and keeps us on our toes. William makes a really cute dragon! He looks more like "prince charming!"
We had such a good time together! The TV was loud enough to drown out most all the kid noise. They all played together nicely most of the time. Well, Janie did keep picking on Stanley, and taking his toys. But their parents managed things well, and it was a great day for us! We love our family! In another six or seven years, our super-bowl party will be a little different. The kids might be a little more interested in seeing what's on the screen, and maybe we'll see more of the game. By the way -- our team lost. The New Orleans Saints won over the Indianapolis Colts. 31 to 17.
I wish we could have been there! I was thinking about you the whole time we watched the game. Of course, I probably would have caused some controversy since I was cheering for the Saints!
1 comment:
I wish we could have been there! I was thinking about you the whole time we watched the game. Of course, I probably would have caused some controversy since I was cheering for the Saints!
Post a Comment