Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 8th Trip to St. George and Zion's National Park



On April 8th Dave and I went to St. George. We had seen an ad in the news paper for a hotel and show promotional. The show was to see Kelly Pickler at the Tuachan Ampitheater. We had seen Kelly on American Idol three or four years earlier, and thought she was good, so we decided to give it a "go" as the Brits would say. The picture above is the Restaurant at the "Inn at Entrada"
Above is a picture of the "casitas." We stayed in #1402. It came with a garage! We had no idea of what we had signed up for -- but we were delighted!
This is a picture of what was just outside our twelve foot sliding glass door, and just beyond the patio.
Pretty cool! Our room was just off the 9th hole's putting green. The weather was perfect! We may have gotten up into the upper 70's while we were there.
This is a picture of what was just inside the twelve foot sliding glass doors. Further on into the apartment was the bathroom with a jetted tub big enough for about four people! We had a kitchenette, and king-size bed with lovely linens. The whole place was really wonderful!

Before the show at Tuachan,we went for a little hike up in Snow Canyon. We love the red rocks. (Above)


The next day, after a lazy morning before check-out, we drove to Zion's National Park. It was during Spring Break for many of the school districts in Utah. So there were lots of cars and traffic.
But the traffic and waiting was worth it! I had forgotten how beautiful it is at Zions. Dave and I spent some time at the park for our honeymoon, almost 35 years ago. Maybe my mind wasn't on the scenery way back then.
We took a hike that we took when we were on our honeymoon. I actually remembered many parts of the hike. It was a little steep in places, but we've been pretty active lately, and it wasn't too much of a challenge.




We had such a good time, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery!

1 comment:

Jules said...

It is so beautiful in Utah! When I moved back from Washington I kind of felt like I was moving back to less beauty. Utah has lots of different landscapes and it is a wonderful state.