Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WE'RE HOME ! ! !

We've been home for almost two weeks now. And I probably, most surely should have posted the fun pictures of our "Bike & Barge" as well as the wonderful experience we had on the Disney Cruise with our children and grands. But. . . . first things first. We just got home from signing on the dotted line, and buying a new car! Not exactly new, but new to us. . . It's a 2006 Lexus RX400. I never imagined that we'd actually get one. But the right one, at the right price came along, and we took the bait! It's white, and here are some pictures. . . . .

The pictues didn't paste in right and I'm having troubles getting them to move to where I'd prefer. . . . so I'll just let you look at them as they came.


The interior is tan leather. It looks gray here, but it's really tan. We have heaters in the seat! It will feel so good in the winter!
The following pictures shows that we have a sun roof. In the official information they call it a "moon roof."
This is where the navigation information will read with a GPS system of telling you where to go, and how to get there. Cool! One more technical machine to learn how to use. . . . . oh dear!
Wood grain interior here and there. These are the buttons for the heated seats. : ) Doesn't look too hard. . . I think I can manage this.
More buttons and gadgets. . .

When you turn the car off, the steering wheel moves up and out of the way automatically, so you can get out of the care real easily.
At first I didn't like the pointy windows on the side/back, but after driving it, I decided that I could get used to them.
Nice wheel covers.

This is the picture that should have been up at the top, first to see. . . but the site won't let me drag it to the top. : (
It will be so nice to be driving a nice car after all these years with the beat up Honda. We're hoping to do several road trips to break it in, and enjoy some diversion.

So far. . . . retirement is the best!

Future blogs in include pictures from the bike 'n barge as well as the Disney Cruise, and if I'm brave. . . . pictures of my new hair cut. : }

3 comments:

HeatherA said...

That's a sweet ride!!! Can't wait to see it in real life :)

JoeBags said...

Wow, pretty sweet, now you just have to outfit it with hydraulics, curb feelers and some 22's and you can truly join the Utah crowd by cruisin' the 8! :)
(did you seriously post that at 2 in the morning??)

Dave and Sue's Blog said...

I don't think that we've re-set the blog clock since we left Saudi Arabia.