
I don't think that we have ever taken the opportunity to visit Craters of the Moon, in southeastern Idaho before. We stopped here after visiting with Diane and Wayne Shurtliff in Idaho Falls.

Here I am near the visitor's center. I'm all decked out in the new ski coat I got recently. It was rather nippy, but the sun was out -- a pretty good day for hiking.

Dave was carrying the camera, and being the geologist that he is, he couldn't help but document the weird, volcanic structures evidenced in the formations there.

It was strangely beautiful, and I could imagine that in the Spring, it would be especially pretty.

The lava flows went on and on and on in some directions.

There were lots of big dead trees. Kind of spooky in a way, but stately and almost monument-like.

We took most of the hikes at every spot of interest. . . . and then we headed back to the car and went on our way to Boise and Seattle. It was a good trip!
1 comment:
Cool pictures! I've never heard of that place but it looks really interesting!
Post a Comment