
We enjoyed a little over 2 1/2 hours on the 6.5 mile Alpine Loop trail last Monday. The Elm have all turned flaming orange and scarlet red. Almost breath taking in places. It was fun to see the difference three weeks made. The Aspen are starting to change. In some places they're still green, but in others they are a beautiful, quaking gold. The oaks have yet to change, so it's going to get even prettier in the next couple of weeks.


That hat is kind of goofy looking, but it does a good job of keeping the sun out of my eyes.


A good friend, Candy Bateman, that we got to know in Dubai joined us for the hike. She's in better shape than we are. We didn't hear any noise out of her when Dave and I were both huffing and puffing.
2 comments:
Wow! How pretty! I wish I was nearby to go on one of these hikes with you!
Ok - so I posted my note under the wrong topic....must remember where I woke up this morning. Still reminds me of home - love those autumn colours!
Post a Comment