Saturday, December 25, 2010

December in China

Here's a picture of our apartment here in Jinan.  We took this picture just a couple days before Christmas.  Our tree is really little.  Just what we wanted.  Small and easy to decorate.  I even took it to class with me one day, to show the students what was involved in decorating a Christmas Tree.  
 This is me on the "Square" at our university in front of this giant statue of Chairman Mao.  It's a pretty famous statue.  There's only two like it.  This is where lots of Sr. Citizens gather every morning to do Tai Chi exercises.  I keep thinking that I ought to join them, and learn how to do it.  It's so very graceful and supposed to be really good for you.
If you've noticed my new coat. . . . I had it custom made for our up-coming trip to Harbin, in northern China.  It's made with down filling, and will hopefully keep me warm in the frigid temperatures up there.  More to come on that adventure later on.
 Remember our last blog where we told you about Sea Cucumbers?  Well here's the pictures of us eating them.  They were cooked with some kind of meat and carrots.  The meat and carrots weren't too bad, but we've had our fill of Sea Cucumbers.  They were very interesting.  Not good though.  And that's stating it nicely.

No comments: