Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fame on Campus

 If you look really closely, you can see my name there in the middle of a bunch of Chinese characters.  It's a poster at the entrance of our University that is advertising my evening class.
Another thing of note you might be interested in. . . I'm wearing this wonderful, warm coat that I had made here.  When it started to get cold here, I realized that the two coats I had were woefully inadequate.  Here in Jinan, we are out in the cold a lot more than we are in our Utah home.  Since we don't have a car here, we have to wait for taxis and wait for the bus, and walk to our classroom, which are at least a fifteen minute walk from our apartment.  I found that I needed something much warmer!  I happened on a custom down coat shop, and took a picture from a coat I found on the Lands End site.  Now I stay pretty toasty.  It's amazing how much warmer I stay with the hood on.  I look a little like an Eskimo, don't you think?!
 Okay, here it is up close.  If your Chinese is any good, you can see that the class went from the 12th of November through the 31st of December.  Class was held from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.  It was a great class, and I really enjoyed it!  My next set of evening classes starts mid to late March. 

No comments: