We are so glad that we were able to return to America for the semester break. Our comrades here in China found things pretty boring for the three plus weeks after their touring, with nothing to do before the new semester started. We, on the other hand had a great time!
I'm afraid that I didn't take as many pictures as I should have. And that seems to be the story of my life. I was thinking that I wish I had taken a picture of Zoe and Ryck in their "whites" when Zoe got baptized. I had my camera there and ready at the font, but Dave reminded me that we weren't supposed to take pictures of ordinances. So, I obeyed like a good wife. Andrea put on a great spread after the event there at the church. It was fun to see all their friends, and the great support they have from the other members in their ward. I did get this nice picture of Zoe with her grandparents (Anita Tanner, and us), behind the church after the event. I did get this great picture of all Zoe's cousins singing "I Know My Father Lives" during the program before the actual dunking.
While we were in Idaho, Andrea had a houseful of guests. Julie and Leah came with us, and there was a big group of Tanners in town as well. So Dave and I stayed at a local hotel during sleeping hours. We took Grace, Joe and Heather's oldest with us. She's five years old. She had a ball playing with the cousins. Here's a picture of the two of us hanging out at the hotel, before we left to go to church on Sunday. Her dress was scratchy, and we hadn't thought to bring a slip, so I let her wear her jeans and t-shirt under the dress. : ) Please note the perspective of this picture -- my calves have always been big, but being closer to the camera made them look EXTRA BIG. (they really aren't, you know).
We scheduled time while we were in Utah to visit with some good friends. (no pictures again) We had breakfast with Jackie and Kirt Roberts, and I (Sue) got to enjoy lunch with Michelle Cannon and Jackie. It was fun to catch up with so many people that are important to us. Lunch with the Shurtliffs, Haws, and Mortensens at Applebees was really fun! Have you noted a pattern here? Food and eating out always seems to go along with the visiting and catching up.
We also found time to go to the temple a couple of times. It was a nice break to be able to relax, and enjoy being in the house of the Lord.

No comments:
Post a Comment