Dear Teacher,
I'm sorry for my absence. I'm transfer student.
My name is Spring and student number is 67.
I would like to tell you that I have passed this course in my previous college, so I don't need to take examination this time. I also want to tell you that,
I like your voice,
Like your smile,
Like your white hair,
And I like your picture,
Like your video,
Like your class.
Thank you for your information.
Wish the work smoothly.
Yours sincerely,
Spring
Pretty fun!
One of my (Sue's) students, Andrew, a neurologist, who is taking a three month series of English classes to prepare to travel to the United States as a visiting scholar told me how much he enjoyed my class. He said that his wife was an English major when she was in college. She encouraged him to stick with it when he was having a hard time at first. He told me that he was so glad that he had continued with my class and that he felt that he had learned so much. He thanked me for being kind and patient and for helping him to learn a lot of words. He's one of my favorite students, because he's so eager to learn, and he gives it a lot of effort. It made me feel really good to receive his verbal thank-you. : )
During our BYU China Teacher training in Provo last August, they told us that when we taught in China we would feel like celebrities. The were definitely correct! When we get back to the good old USA I think we might miss our celebrity status! We've decided we're going to enjoy being celebrities for another two weeks -- and then I guess we'll give it up. Soon it will be time for us to leave and return to our relative non-famous status. Maybe our grandkids will still think we're wonderful and special.......you think?!

No comments:
Post a Comment