Sandi McGinnis and I have been good friends for several years. She and her husband, Paul Stobe lived right down from us on Nomad Street in Dhahran, and we were both active in the Women's Group and the Quilting Guild. We got to know Paul as we got together for numerous evening dinners at Chili's in Khobar. We've kept up our friendship via email, and now, a visit at Brighton Ski Resort and Chili's (for old time's sake) in Draper.
Dave and Paul spent a half day together on the slopes at Brighton. They both ski at similar abilities. That made it fun for Dave.
His last ski buddy (Sue) had mastered the bunny hills, but that was about all. The only semi negative was that there has been almost no snow so far this winter, and the slopes were a little icy. At one point, Dave hit a patch of ice, and spun around, skiing backward for awhile, but didn't biff it! I wish that we'd caught it on film!
Sandi and I enjoyed a long visit in the lodge. We caught up on old friends, and I showed her a couple quilts that I had recently finished. Visiting with old friends is a much nicer way to ring in the New Year than laying in bed with the flu. And beyond that, visiting with old friends is probably one of the best things in our life now days!

No comments:
Post a Comment