Thursday, April 14, 2011

GETTING CONFERENCE IN CHINA

 
We were on the Yangtze River Cruise when general conference was broadcast from the conference center in Salt Lake City.  Instead of waiting almost a month, like in the olden days to be able to read it in the Ensign magazine, we were able to go to the internet, less than a week after the actual broadcast, and listen to everything that we missed.  Isn't modern technology wonderful!!!  Going to www.lds.org was all it took.  All the sessions are listed with all the speakers, and we can choose to read it, listen to it via MP3 or even watch it.  Pretty cool.
One of my favorite talks was by Elder Bednar on personal revelation.  I really liked his analogy of getting light quickly by flipping a switch or by getting it slowly, like watching a sun rise.  He is always says things so clearly, and I always feel uplifted and inspired by his words. 
 It was wonderful to hear all the council from our church leaders. My heart was filled, and I enjoyed it so much!

No comments: