I used this picture in the lecture.
This has given me an opportunity to do something that we are not supposed to do and that is to teach the Chinese about religion. I definitely covered all of the religious diversity in America but it also gave me an excuse to teach them about the one truly "American" religion - "Mormonism". I took as much liberty as I thought I could in doing it and I found that the Chinese students were very interested. I could tell that many wanted to ask more question and I could feel the interest in the subject. After class, many came up and wanted to ask more which is unusual. I'm sure that many of the Chinese are ready to hear and accept the gospel and I know it is just a matter of time until they get that opportunity. We hope we are laying the groundwork for that to happen.Below are two photos needed to get all of my large American Culture class. Notice that Sue was visiting class this day!

No comments:
Post a Comment