Wednesday, April 13, 2011

SPRING IS HERE -- AND WE'RE GLAD

 There are some beautiful parks in Jinan, and we've enjoyed checking them out this spring.  The weather has been great, and it's been so fun to go out for a little exercise.  The new leaf growth is such a lovely color of green -- young and vibrant!  It almost makes us feel younger.  And the blossoms on the trees and bushes are absolutely beautiful.  The slight nip of cool in the air reminds us that summer isn't here yet, and we're enjoying this season so much!
 This is the walk-way on our university where we have one of the best artistic displays of nature.  I met Dave at the bus drop-off place after his shift of teaching out at the west campus, and with luck, I had my camera with me.
 Yes, we take turns holding the camera. : )
We have a small amusement park within one of the city parks here in Jinan.  We actually took a ride on this ferris wheel.  For 10 yuan (approximately $1.50) we got to go around once.  It went very slowly, and took about 10 minutes to make the loop.  Strange to our way of thinking, but we enjoyed the view.  I must admit, it was a little frightening at the top when Dave started to rock the seat.  I'm not sure how careful the Chinese are about their carnival ride inspections.

People were out feeding the pigeons.  It reminded us of Trafalgar Square in London.  I have this fear of catching bird flu or lice from the birds.  I didn't want to get too close.
We're so glad to be here, together in China at this beautiful time of year.  We are especially glad that we have each other to share the experience with.  Life is great!

No comments: