These two pictures are a delicacy that the Chinese people enjoy. They’re cicadas. BUGS !! They’re about two inches long. We were all invited to an English Department dinner last Wednesday. I had a class to teach, so I couldn’t join the group. But Dave didn’t want me to be disappointed, so he brought me home a couple of Moon Cakes – the traditional dessert for the Mid Autumn Festival, and of course, a Cicada. He told me that he told everyone that I wouldn’t eat it, but I did (they all tried one as well). I picked it right up, and tossed it in my mouth. It might have tasted better if I had eaten it right out of the hot oil that they cooked it in – but as it was cold, it was pretty disgusting. Rather crunchy. But the innards were a little soft, and yucky. I got a cicada leg caught between my teeth!


No comments:
Post a Comment