This morning, Dave had his first oral English Class. I went with him. We left the main campus at 7:15 AM, and at about 8:15 we arrived at the West campus. It’s rush hour, and the traffic was bad, getting us to our destination late for class. Oh well, “That’s China”. In our training at BYU, we were told to say “That’s China,” every time something a little unexpected, or out of the norm happens. They say that it’s just how it goes here. I took a few pictures as we left our apartment and on our bus ride this morning.
Tai Chi on our campus in the morning -- Lots of older people go out for some exercise at the beginning of their day. I’d kind of like to try it. It doesn’t look as hard as an elliptical machine or step aerobics.
I took these pictures to show women all dressed up on little motor bikes going to work. Women here wear dresses more than we see in the states. I’ve seen some really pretty, feminine dresses here.
This lady had on a tight skirt, and heels as you can see.
These little three wheeled trucks are all over the place.
Except for his white hair, he kind of blends in with the black-board. Dave has 46 students in this class. Forty one of them are girls. Only five boys, and they all sit on the back row. They’re all really well behaved, and all the students actually listen. We had a good time. This was part of Dave’s power point show. He did a really good job.
After Dave’s class we took the bus home. We were sitting on the back row of the bus. ALL the seats were take plus a few. Everyone was quiet, and it wasn’t a bad ride home. I think that we might survive this experience. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment